Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas' Past.. All full of Tools!

We just watched two hours of Christmas videos. You were just one when the first one began. I was young with a shape ;) and your dad looked like, like, a combination of you and Kyle. Wow, that was weird to see him so young and looking so very much like my sons.

The first year we watched, you were nearly two. Kimberlie was four, and so very old and in charge. Definately telling you what to do already. You were very quiet as a baby. Just so easy going. You actually developed a little slow with your gross motor skills, because your mental skills were way ahead in their speed. You communicated and used your fine motor skills with great accuracy way young. It was fun to watch you throw the basketball up into your new basketball hoop when you were only two. You really liked doing that. But you LOVED the hammering little tool you got. All day long (and we took way too much video footage that year) you had that hammer in your hand. You might be playing with something else, but you always held on to that little red hammer.

Then at three, guess what you got. Tools. Yep, more tools. And at four, some more tools. At five you got a real saw and a real hammer (were we crazy in the head! AGE 5!). And you said very excitedly as we taped it "I'm gonna make something real".. Guess what you got at age six.. Tools and a tool bench. I think all we really saw you get every year from Santa was tools. I don't know if it was us or you that wanted them.. But you seemed pretty happy year after year getting more tools.

So, when I see you trading pick-ups for tools, I now know where that addiction came from. Us, your father and I somehow created the tool demon that you must go through life being. We started so very young, you just never had a chance.

3 comments:

  1. :) That's so cute! I remember that on mine and Ryan's first Christmas together, my mom gave him a tool set and it made him just as happy and excited then as it did when he was little. That's my handy man! I love you babe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out how to post comments!!!!! Wooohoooooo!!! I love you mommy! Thanks so much for doing this blog for me! P.S. I'm pretty sure that I asked for tools... Even when I was one. It's an insatiable addiction of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My gross skills may have developped slow, but they came on strong in the end! In fact, I'm so grossly skilled that I can burp the whole alphabet in only three burps! Also... Well, we'll leave it at that for now. :)

    ReplyDelete